I love these little buns for a sweet snack and they are a firm favourite in our house.
This recipe makes 24 small buns but you can use it to make larger buns just adjust the cooking time.
200g baking marg.
3 very ripe bananas
200g S/R flour
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degree’s, and place bun cases in a bun tin.
2) Melt the marg. in a saucepan over a medium heat.
3) Remove saucepan from the heat. Mash the bananas in a bowl and add to the saucepan, mix well.
4) Add a beaten egg to the saucepan and mix well.
5) Add the sieved S/R flour and mix well.
6) Add the mixture into the bun cases about a dessert spoon full, and bake for 15 mins.
To check the buns are cooked poke a knife in the centre of one of them, if the knife comes out clean they are cooked, if there is mixture of the knife they need a little longer.
These banana buns can be kept in an airtight container for 2 days or in the freezer for a month.