Sunday the 5th of November was The first ever Parent and Baby Show. It was held at Carrow Road in Norwich and it was a great success.
There were three floors full of local businesses, workshops, activities and information for parents and expecting parents and for the first 250 customers there was a lovely goody bag sponsored by Window to the Womb, Tickets were just £5 on the Door.
Photo Credit: Pennycress Photography
It was lovely to see and meet so many people behind the businesses I have followed on Facebook, or goggled at their beautiful Instagram profiles. Everyone I spoke to was so lovely and very happy to be at the show.
Katrin from Norwich Mumbler was there, it was lovely to finally meet her. If you want to know what’s on in Norwich for families make sure you check out her website!
There were lots of activities, people to see, talks to attend and shopping to do!
The facilities were great, there was a private feeding area, changing area, tearoom and plenty of toilets!
There was something for everyone to enjoy:
- Mini First Aid Norfolk- How to Help a Choking Baby/Child
- TinyTalk- Baby and Toddler Signing and Singing
- Hartbeeps- A Music class taster session
- Womb Service- Kerry Dolan led a guided relaxation to connect with your baby
- The Garage- Toddler Dance Workshop
- Doddle pots- Baby print tile making
- Crochet workshop- with Folk who bespoke
Talks and Advice Drop In Sessions
- Sleep matters talk by BabyCalm- Talk
- Benifits of Baby Swimming by Water Babies – Talk
- Exercise in Pregnancy by Babyfit -Talk
- All things Breastfeeding by One To Cherish – Talk and advice session
- Baby Led Kitchen Basics: A no stress introduction to Baby Led Weaning – Talk and advice session
- Woman’s health advice session with the Powder Room Physio
- Antenatal and birth support advice with About Birth and Babies and Own Your Birth.
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take full advantage of this as I had a grumpy toddler in tow! Next time I think I’ll book him in for a Grandma day!!
There were lots of treatments on offer including:
- Massage- by Treat and Mamma me Time
- Physiotherapy – by Treat
- Craniosacral therapy- by Treat
- Reflexology – by Mamma Me Time
- Aromatherapy- by Mamma Me Time
- Rectus Abdominis Checks – by Dabbour Physio
- Nail art- by Dotty Designs
- Mummy meets- with the ‘get me out of the four walls ambassadors’
As well as all the above there were three floors of stalls which included:
- Soft Play
- Baby sensory
- Beautiful Baby clothes from Marshes and Flint and Mabel and Fox and many others.
Didi and Becky from Marshes and Flint- they have some of the cutest clothes!
Jack and Leanne from Mabel and fox- I Love their Mama jumpers and they really know how to do monocrome.
- Baby toys and products from Little Chick Baby
As you can see there was an amazing amount of variety and lots to do, it wasn’t just walking round looking at stands, there was shopping, workshops and talks as well which made for a great value for money day.
All The parent and Baby Show staff were lovely and helpful, the only negative comment Is about the venue, because it was split over three floors, it was time consuming for parents with prams to get around, there were often ques for the lifts, we had ELIjah in a Tula so it didn’t affect us. Alex the organiser of The Parent and Baby Show has said that for the next show they are looking to re-jig the layout and the Sling library will be on hand again to hire Slings and Baby carriers. Alex adds that’s unfortunately currently there are no other venues large enough to take the show, so although one large ground floor event would be ideal, this is impossible given the fact this is not on offer anywhere which isn’t already in use for similar events.